Offices that bill themselves as “crisis pregnancy centers” or “pregnancy clinics” often are not actual medical clinics, but religiously-based anti-abortion operations that lure in women struggling with unexpected pregnancies. They intentionally withhold information from women about their full complement of reproductive options. Such “clinics” steer women away from abortions and offer “information” that casts abortion as debilitating, dangerous and frightening.
Finding true reproductive health services clinics in Colorado, that is, ones that offer a full range of medically-accurate sexual health information, contraceptives, information and treatments for sexually-transmitted diseases and infections, and all legal and safe reproductive health options can be tricky because in Colorado fake “pregnancy resource” clinics and outnumber real abortion and medical information providers by almost 3 to 1.
The Pregnancy Resource map shows that the two “Pregnancy Centers” in Grand Junction are not real medical clinics.
The “Pregnancy Centers” in Grand Junction offer only self-administered pregnancy tests — which are available without prescription at drug stores — and anti-abortion pregnancy options. The two fake “pregnancy centers” in G.J. are at
- 704 Elm Ave. and
- 930 Main Street in Grand Junction.
- The Delta Pregnancy Resource Center at 523 Dodge St., Delta, CO, is also not a real medical clinic.
The only real medical clinic near Grand Junction that offers medically-accurate sexual and reproductive health information and all applicable services is Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains in Glenwood Springs, located at 50923 Hwy 6 & 24, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601. Their phone number is (970) 945 – 8631 and their website is here.
Here is a list of the services, treatments and personnel Planned Parenthood offers. Note that care is not limited to women:
- Abortions, pre- and post-abortion patient education, post-abortion follow-up exams, referrals for other abortion services (as needed), ultrasounds.
- Birth control;
- Emergency contraception (morning-after pill);
- Pregnancy testing and services (adoption referrals, fertility awareness education, post-partum exams);
- STD testing, treatment, and vaccination;
- HIV testing;
- Women’s healthcare (breast exams, cervical cancer screenings, hormone replacement therapy, mammogram referrals, menopause testing and treatment, pap test,
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) testing and treatment, vaginal infection testing and treatment);
- Men’s healthcare (colon cancer screening, jock itch exam and treatment, testicular and prostate cancer screening, urinary tract infection (UTI) testing and treatment);
- General healthcare (anemia testing, cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, high blood pressure screening, thyroid screening, smoking cessation).
- Certified Medical Personnel
- Medical doctors and registered nurses
You can also get free answers to any sexual health questions from trained sexual health educators by chat online or text by texting “PPNOW” to 774636 (PPINFO).
If you’re less than 10 weeks pregnant, you can also get a telemedicine abortion using the abortion pill from Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains. For information click here.